Let me first say thank you to all students and mentors who spent almost the whole morning discussing various projects and introducing their ideas.
What was the program? At the beginning I have briefly explained the organization and here is a list of the main milestones:
- Chose the project and its name.
- Sign a CVUT MediaLab Foundation (our sponsor) contract.
- Sign up on the contact board.
- Set the project web page - include eClub and CVUT MediaLab logos.
- Write an essay.
- To access the computational resources sign up to Metacentrum (Vondra).
- If you need an access to data in Metacentrum sign a NDA.
- Prepare the state of the art technology overview.
- Select the best approach, solution.
- Program, run or copy the selected approach.
- Finish and improve the solution.
- Write a final report.
- Twitter Translation
- Cloud projects
- Large Scale Hierarchical Classification
- Rest Search Project
- DHC user scenarions
- New Car UI
- Support Vector Machine
- Machine learning at scale
- General Game Playing for Atari 2600
- Scalable predictive models
- Predictor factory
- Angry birds
The other important thing is the scholarship. It will be granted by our sponsor CVUT MediaLab Foundation. It is collecting money from the industry sponsors and it uses the funds to support activities such as ESC. Therefore to get the scholarship all the participants of the ESC need to sign a contract with the Foundation. Currently, I am working on the wording. I need to iron out the last details and as soon as it is finished we will share it with you.
I have also updated the eClub web pages, check it out. I will be step by step adding there all the program, materials, such as the Contract, Non-disclosure Agreement, logos, templates of documents, program of presentations and other stuff, stay tuned.
Yes, it is a lot of work in front of us, this is just the first meeting, but it was very encouraging. I am looking forward to see great results, mobile and Internet apps etc. Follow us on eClub web pages, Facebook or search for the #CTUECLUB or #CTUESC hashtags.